Each parent, as a member of the St. Viator Parish School community, has four roles to perform.
- To model Christian behavior for their child in the home and in social situations.
- To take an active role in their child's religious education and formation at school and in the parish by attending Mass on Sunday.
- To participate regularly in religious celebrations sponsored by the school and the parish.
- To involve themselves in the religious education and the formation of their children at home by supporting the religious instruction imparted at school.
- Helping their child with his or her homework.
- Reviewing their child's assignments, projects, etc. on a regular basis and providing appropriate encouragement and assistance.
- Monitoring their child's academics progress and when necessary, look for ways to help their child improve his or her performance.
- Familiarizing themselves with the rules and regulations of the school.
- Paying their tuition, fees and using SCRIP.
- Supporting school-parish sponsored fund-raising events.
- Participating annually in the parish stewardship program.
- Supporting special school and classroom projects.
- Participating in the activities sponsored by the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO).
- Volunteering their time and expertise to assist the school staff as library assistants, room parents, and office workers.